Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Start

I'm the guy reading at the bar.  You know you've seen me.  You've wondered, maybe laughed or pointed.  "Who sits and reads at a bar?" 

Well, it's me.  It's usually because I'm in a town for work.  Couple days at the most.  Sales, as you probably guessed. 

Hotel rooms bore me.  They are mostly, all the same.  With the exception of the view in Voorhees, NJ vs. the view in Boyertown, PA...there are very few changes.  I used to wake up in the morning, with slight anxiety, and definite confusion as to where I was.  Now I wake up with a certain calm, and time to let my eyes adjust and figure out just where the heck I am. 

Window on the left, wall on the right.  Where’s the bathroom.  There’s the folio that was slid under the door.  Gotta make sure I attach that to the expense report…

So what is this blog?   Instead of reading at the bar, I'd rather write at the bar.  At the airport.  In the hotel.

A travel log.  Random musings.

Humorous (to me) thoughts/views/observations on life, traveling and America as a whole. 

Pictures will be included. 

Mostly of scenery, cocktails or food, and three fingers of Jameson. 




No comments:

Post a Comment